Thursday 1 January 2009

Belated review of 2008

At this time of year reflection is inevitable, and 2008 has been a bit of an odd year, so I'm taking the opportunity to look back at what went on.

Obviously moving to New Zealand was a big event from the last 12 months, but it wasn't everything. It's been in our minds for a few years now, but to make it happen has given me a huge feeling of empowerment. I don't know how things will go here, but no is not the time to dwell on that. It'll be what it'll be, all we have to do is to do our best and have fun.

So, back to 2008. On the job front we both had changes. I discovered that I could survive pretty uncomfortable work conditions, but I couldn't do it for long, or without the support of some very good friends. Anthony discovered that quitting your job on your second day can actually work out in the end!

I made my first trip to Asia in January, not knowing that I'd be returning within the year. There were also a couple of great trips to Lyon, somewhere that I will miss and hope to return to.

My Grandad's 100th birthday was the high spot of the year for me. I always knew that he would make it, but it was great to see him on such good form, surrounded by family.

Who knows what lies in store in 2009, but I wish you all the best for the next 12 months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi both,
Happy New Year from the North West of Scotland! Hope you have a fabulous 2009, look forward to reading all about it!
Lots of love
Kath